Easy and nutritious breakfast or anytime snack. The wonderful thing about this delicious recipe is you can change the vegetable ingredients to suit your taste.
½ cup low fat milk
¼ cup feta or cheddar cheese
½ cup zucchini- cut into ¼ inch strips
½ cup chopped mushrooms
¼ cup red onion
1 cup fresh baby spinach
¼ cup chopped Kalamata olives
¼ teaspoon each oregano and basil
Pinch of salt and pepper
- Spray or lightly oil each cup with olive oil. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet, sauté chopped vegetables until softened.
- Then add spinach, olives and spices.
- Cook I minute to wilt spinach and combine flavors
- Whisk eggs and milk in bowl.
- Place vegetables in oiled muffin cups. Add cheese.
- Pour egg mixture on top.
- Bake 350 for 20 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before removing.
Enjoy immediately or refrigerate for up to 3 days.